Here are the firmware files and release notes for dlink di-604 rev E:
* Updated DDNS screen and request.
* Updated PPPoE WAN settings.
* Applied minor Grammar corrections
* Fixed DoS issue.
* Improved DDNS Update Agent.
* Improved NTP functionality.
* Added countdown to firmware upgrade process.
* Resolved UPnP issue
* Resolved Zone Alarm issues
* Updated help files with Zone Alarm information
* Add WAN speed selection option – defaults to 10Mbps
* Fixed dial on demand/idle time issue
* Fixed Asheron Call II reboot issue
* Fixed Static DHCP/MAC filter clone issue
* Fixed Virtual Server entry issue
* Fixed minor GUI issues
* Locks the WAN port speed to 10 Mbps
* Same firmware as 3.20. Use only if you are having connectivity issues with your modem.
VDI-604 firmware for Verizon Fios can be found here.
Rev. A, B, C for the DI-604 can be found here:
The files above were hosted from the old Canadian site. I have removed those broken links and created local links. I recommend going to support.dlink.com for the latest drivers.
I accidentally installed the VDI-604 firmware on my DI-604. When I tried to installed the latest and greatest firmware, 3.52, I kept getting an error message that the file was not compatible. The solution is to crash your router. When you crash your router it boots into a firmware upgrade mode. This allowed me to install 3.52.
Hold down the rest button for 10-20 seconds until the router lights go out. Quickly pull out and put back in the power cord. When you login the router will display a small dialog box to browse for your firmware. It may take a few tries and I have not tested this on any other routers other than a few Dlink 604s. Let me know if it works on other models.
*Update: Directions to crash the router can be found here.
*Update: I removed the dead links and added the newest firmware, 3.53. Dlink support in the US and Canada no longer host the older versions of the firmwares. They also do not host ANY rev A, B, or C firmwares. Thanks to FastEddie and ErikaD from DSLReports for snagging the files before they went extinct.